Monday 25 March 2013

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my very first blog post. Let me introduce myself. My name is Clare and i'm a (ahem) 35 year old mother with three beautiful children. Miss G is 9, Mr G is 3 and little miss A is 19 months old.


I am a part time uni student. Im half way through a double degree in Primary Teaching and Early Childhood Studies. Uni life can be a bit stressful at times, especially as I am hoping to be eligible to do Honours next year, so I need to keep my GPA (Grade Point Average) as high as I can. This is not an easy task when you have little children in the house (I have had two of these children while i have been at uni). The work load also means that I spend a lot of time reading, researching and writing essays. My family is spending a lot of time inside. It doesn't help that there are two properties here I live that share a common backyard. So i cant let my kids play outside alone as they usually head straight for the other house and pull out their plants or bang on their windows lol. So i have decided that I need to take an active effort to make sure my children get out of the house more often.

My middle child Master 3 has been my most challenging child. He rarely sleeps through the night, has boundless amounts of energy, constantly finding ways to misbehave and is forever picking on his baby sister. Don't let me paint too bad a picture, he is also very loving, and can be eager to please. His little heart breaks when he gets in to trouble and I know he does not mean to be a terror. He makes leaving the house quite challenging. My family and friends have stared telling me that they think there is something wrong with him. They say i should get him tested. But I am not sold on the idea. So i have stared searching ways to manage his behaviour (pretty handy degree to be doing at this stage). I started him on fish oil tablets which seemed to make a difference, next I tried to decease the amount of sugar that he consumes, that seemed to work as well.
Then recently I started to read up on food additives. I purchased a book that helped to navigate the ingredients lists on food packaging and I was surprised to find out how many potentially harmful additives existed, and how many food products they were in. So i have decided to try going additive free. This is my third week and I thought I would start a blog about my journey. I will share hints and tips that I pick up, share some of the recipes that I try and use it as a way to keep myself accountable.

Im looking forward to sharing all this with you as we both embark on "My Mumma Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment